The ESCC Hub builds on the rich legacy of the Australian Climate Change Science Program (ACCSP), the Australian Government’s largest and longest-running climate science research program.
From 1989 until 2016, the ACCSP made an enormous contribution to our understanding of climate change.
Key achievements include:
- Significant advances in land and water predicting and forecasting
- Improved understanding of climate and extreme weather
- Improved tracking of atmospheric greenhouse gas concentrations and aerosols
- More accurate projections of climate change for Australia
- Improved observations, data management and modelling
- Improved understanding of the processes controlling climate and climate change
- Information on ocean change including temperature, salinity, acidification and sea levels
- Development and testing of the Australian Community Climate Change and Earth System Simulator (ACCESS), for the Australian and international science community
- Raising understanding of climate and weather systems through the GREENHOUSE conference series.
The Hub will continue to lead Australia’s climate science capability into the future.
For more information, visit the ACCSP legacy website.