We’re building the utility of Earth systems and climate change information by:
- working with our partners and NESP to establish a National Centre for Coasts and Climate.
- researching to inform the lowest cost abatement opportunities, by both cost and weighted potential for mitigation.
- engaging with stakeholders to ensure that the information is being provided in a manner that supports decision making and is meeting the needs of end users.
- collaborating across NESP hubs to ensure that Earth systems and climate change research informs the broader programme.
- developing and enhancing Australia’s national capability in Earth system and climate simulation through ongoing improvement of the Australian Climate Community Earth System Simulator (ACCESS) in the areas of accessibility and simulation performance.