The Hub is delivering relevant and useable climate change science information and data to local governments and is providing guidance and guidelines for incorporating this information into risk assessments and adaptation plans and strategies.
Our research and engagement activities aim to ensure that as a result of our science:
- Local governments increase their awareness and understanding of climate change and their climate risks.
- Local governments understand how to use relevant climate change science information, data, tools and products, and have increased confidence in incorporating climate information into management and adaptation planning purposes.
- Local governments start to routinely factor climate change information, projections and scenarios into long-term strategic business planning.
- Coastal councils use the coastal hazard data platform to access and use information on projected coastal hazards and impacts for local planning.
- The data, tools and guidance developed for identified local councils can be used by other local councils in the future, thereby extending the reach, benefit and value of these activities to Australian local councils more broadly.