Climate projections for impact assessment
Climate projections for impact assessment is a two-day intensive course that takes participants through the process of identifying, understanding and applying climate change projections for impact assessment.
The course, developed by the Earth Systems and Climate Change Hub in conjunction with the CSIRO Climate Science Centre and the Bureau of Meteorology, consists of eight modules:
- An overview of the Climate Change in Australia website
- Climate change science key concepts
- Understanding internal consistency and the Climate Futures Framework
- Understanding the Climate Futures matrix
- Obtaining and understanding summary data
- Accessing results for multiple variables from individual models
- Obtaining fit-for-purpose data for impact assessments
- Putting learning into practice in your own work.
Each module includes discussion sessions and hands-on activities. Participants will be required to complete and submit a short pre-course activity prior to the start of the course.
Who should attend?
This course has been designed for people who have had some experience working on climate change related projects and who need to assess the impacts of the changing climate on their areas of interest. Some familiarity with the concepts of climate change science would be useful.
Courses scheduled for 2018 will be held in Melbourne.
- 15 May 2015 | Completed
- 01 August 2018 | Completed
- 4–5 September 2018 Email enquiry | THIS COURSE IS NOW FULLY SUBSCRIBED
- 2–3 October 2018 Email enquiry | PLACES STILL AVAILABLE!
- Participant numbers for each course are strictly limited to ensure each participant has adequate opportunity to engage with the trainer.
- Lunch, morning and afternoon teas are provided.
If there is sufficient demand we may be able to schedule additional course offerings. Please contact us to register your interest.
Tailored training option
Our trainers can also tailor training for groups of 5 to 20 people, on a fee-for-service basis. Contact us for more information.