The Hub delivered climate change science information and products to government authority agencies to assist with the effective incorporation of climate change science into management plans, risk assessments and operational activities.
Our research and engagement activities aimed to ensure that as a result of our science:
- government authority agencies and world heritage site managers use and incorporate credible climate change science and information in relevant policies, management plans and activities.
- agencies understand the impacts a changing climate will have on their operations.
- agencies routinely factor climate change projections and associated scenarios into long-term strategic business planning in a manner consistent with the global carbon emission targets of the Paris Agreement.
- climate change risks and impacts are considered in the management of Australia’s natural and World Heritage sites.
- AFAC is provided with current and future climate change science information, data, maps and products relevant to their fire and emergency management policies, practices and industry guidance materials.