The ESCC Hub science webinar series is an opportunity to hear about the science being undertaken in the Hub, directly from the researchers. The webinars are open to the research community and anyone interested in finding out more about the Hub’s research (noting that some understanding of climate science will be assumed).
Webinars will be held on the third Tuesday of the month from 2.30–3.30 pm (AEDT Oct–Mar; AEST Apr–Sep). Presentations will generally run for 30–40 mins.
The webinars are free to attend, but registration is required. You’ll be sent a link and information on how to attend in your registration confirmation email.
- 20 Feb 2018 | Oceans in a changing climate – Saurabh Rathore, University of Tasmania (Project 2.4) REGISTRATION OPENS SOON
- 20 Mar 2018 | Ocean temperature extremes – Dr Eva Cougnon, University of Tasmania (Project 2.3)
- 17 Apr 2018 | An update on the IPCC Special Report on the Ocean and Cryosphere in a Changing Climate – Prof. Nathan Bindoff, University of Tasmania (Project 2.4)
- 15 May 2018 | How will rainfall change in northern Australia over the coming century? – Dr Josephine Brown, Bureau of Meteorology (Project 2.6)
- 19 Jun 2018 | Nature-based opportunities for climate mitigation and adaptation in the coastal zone – Prof. Stephen Swearer, University of Melbourne (Project 2.11)
- 17 Jul 2018 | Regional climate change projections science, information and services – TBC (Project 2.6)
- 21 Aug 2018 | Australia’s water futures – TBC (Project 2.7)
- 19 Sep 2018 | Improving Australia’s climate model (ACCESS) – TBC (Project 2.5)
- 16 Oct 2018 | Enhancing Australia’s capacity to manage climate variability and climate extremes in a changing climate – TBC (Project 2.2)