CASE STUDY 6.9: Australia’s next generation climate projections: a report to the National Climate Science Advisory Committee
The National Climate Science Advisory Committee (NCSAC) provided strategic direction for Australian climate science research. NCSAC is developing a national climate science approach to address national business and policy development needs.
At the request of NSCAC, we’re preparing a report on a proposed development and implementation approach for the next generation of national and regional climate change projections for Australia. The approach will consider:
- relevant market research and stakeholder consultation
- an expanded range of inputs and methods to use the inputs more effectively, for example, ensemble generation methods and constraints on projection approaches
- coordination and integration of new regional modelling for use in national projections
- enhancing links to climate services and knowledge brokering to the diverse range of stakeholder groups.
The proposed approach will incorporate input from key partners in the Bureau of Meteorology, CSIRO and the university sector, with emphasis on their key role in provision of past climate change projections for Australia
Completed: April 2021
More information: David Karoly, ESCC Hub Leader
Publications and products
- Final report to the NCSAC (soon to be released)
- Towards the next generation of climate change projections for Australia [PDF]